CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I was so amazed by the democratic convention tonight. It was so much more than I had imagined. The fact that Ted Kennedy made it, even though he is dealing with brain cancer and recovery, was just a testament of how much people believe this country can be again what it needs to be and how much people believe in Barack Obama. When Michelle spoke it was inspirational yet so real. Their story is the story of so many people who work hard for what they believe in. I had tears running down my face. It boggles me that anyone who is struggling to get by and has been hurt by the faults of this current administration could vote republican. The same man who is constantly talking about his service as a POW is the same man who voted against the GI bill. He's the same guy who doesn't know how many houses he owns. The same guy who has voted against women's issues 98% of the time. He has voted for the failed policies of Bush 95% of the time. He is a war monger who is out of touch with the American people. We are desperately in need of a new direction. It is the fierce urgency of now. I know there are people that don't agree with me and that is their choice. I am for Obama all the way. I have a dream. My dream is that we can have a president that truly serves the people of the united states. That can make this country a better place for my children. They are my life and if we continue to live and treat the earth the way we do there will be nothing left for them. I want my children to say wow our parents really had a chance to the change the world and they did. Not, wow our parents really blew it. I am someone who has been a part of the struggle. I have dealt first hand with our faulty health care system. It is amazing how your life can literally change over night. I know there are so many people struggling to get by. It is sad when it's a real accomplishment in America, today, if you are able to pay your bills every month. In fact, I am just grateful we some how, by the grace of god are able to make it every month. People all over the country are losing their houses, jobs, and lives. Our military is stretched thin because of a war that was built upon lies. Our economy is in the gutter. All of these issues can be remedied if we act now. I know this my be a rant to some, but it is the truth. Our future lies within our reach and our future is OBAMA/BIDEN 08'.

0 comments: